Thursday, January 31, 2013

Exhibit in San Jose, July 31-October 27, 2013


My exhibit, "Collecting New York Beauty Quilts" is now scheduled for July 31st to October 27th, 2013, at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles in San Jose, California. Originally, the exhibit was scheduled to end on October 14th, but it has been extended so it will coincide with another event at the museum. There will be around 35 to 40 quilts, made between 1850 and 2011, mapping the history of the quilt pattern. Here are just a few of the quilts that will be part of the exhibit.





Three of the quilts, including the last two pictured here, are now on display at the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Museum in Ft. Worth, Texas, as part of "Off the Wall, Maverick Quilts" curated by Julie Silber and Jean Demeter of The Quilt Complex. More details to follow about the exhibit in San Jose. I'm really excited about it. All of the gallery spaces will be devoted to my exhibit, so I basically get to fill the whole museum with quilts. 

2 comments:

  1. Those NY beauty quilts are gorgeous! I am also impressed with the detail of the quilting that shows up in your photos! I am so glad that Lulu is helping to fill that void in your heart. Thank you for sharing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete