Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I collect books...

after receiving the 1995 Uncoverings, there are only two editions missing
from my collection
I collect books, and guess what? I read them! Well, you didn't think I just looked at the pictures, did you? (L.O.L.)

The 1995 Uncoverings received yesterday from Audrey Waite is simply wonderful. I just read Merikay Waldvogel's remarkable paper about Mountain Mist. Pattern "X", the New York Beauty is still a bit of a mystery, but it was fascinating to read about Frederick J. Hooker, Margaret and Ruth Hayes, Phoebe Edwards, and the letters saved by Margaret Hayes.

bookshelves, around 2008
In the summer of 2008, my home was remodeled and the design for the great room included some book shelves. At the time, I did not know how I would fill those shelves. As it turned out, I should have built more shelves. Perhaps when the other half of the house is remodeled...

bookshelves, 2014
Those shelves are nearly full now, and what a joy it has been collecting all those books! Many of the books were written by people I have met. Many are personally signed. In 2008, those authors were just names. Now they are friends, acquaintances and colleagues. The top shelf on the left includes self-published books, magazines with articles about my collection, and books with quilts from my collection. I'm sure it will also be full soon.

I am still looking for the 1996 and 1999 editions of Uncoverings, by the way. If anyone out there has duplicate copies available, I would love to buy them.

1 comment:

  1. The 1999 Uncoverings is listed as still available from the AQSG for $10:
    http://www.americanquiltstudygroup.org/uncoveringsList.asp

    ReplyDelete