Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Stuff


Been busy with a lot of things lately, but wanted to share some new stuff.

"What new stuff?" you might ask. Well, for starters, there's a new picture on my home page, a new Quilt of the Month, a new search field on my blog, and a new logo, which has already been made into an embosser for use when preparing quilt appraisal reports.

Look to the upper right for this search box, and you can search the blog!!
Probably the most unobtrusive and easily missed item among the "new stuff" is the search field on this blog. It's in the upper right, just above the Facebook and Tweet buttons. If you remember me blogging about any particular subject, but were having difficulty finding the blog again, all you need to do is type in a specific word or two, and it should pull up matching results. Try it! I think you'll like it.

April Quilt of the Month at www.billvolckening.com
It's April, and there's a new Quilt of the Month on my web site. This month's quilt is a cheerful Barn Raising Log Cabin with some of the Easter Egg colors popularized during the Great Depression. To read more about it, click here.



I'm using a new logo on my web site. It's an adaptation from the logo I've used for the last year, but this one is a full sunburst with bold "V" in the center. I designed this logo because I needed something in the center of an embossing stamp, which I had made for stamping appraisal reports. I'd gotten some gold seals, but rather than using those on the reports, I'm using them on the covers of the white, two-pocket folders that hold the reports and pictures. They look pretty sharp!

So, that's what's new. This "stuff" could easily go unnoticed, but I'm proud of my progress and wanted to make sure it didn't fly under the radar. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I always had an interest in graphic design, but didn't study it in college...so I taught myself how to do it using Photoshop, which I also taught myself how to use. I couldn't really get the hang of Illustrator, so I've stuck with Photoshop. Having an art school background helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, are you studying to become an appraiser now?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I took the AQS courses last year, and started doing appraisals recently. Eight new clients in the last two weeks, has kept me busy.

      Delete