Sunday, April 8, 2012

Family Pictures

Haulin' ass on Rangeley Lake, August, 1971. I was five years old. 
Today, I was looking through an old photo album and I came across one of my all-time favorite pictures, taken in a favorite place. I'm sure Dad took it. We're all in the boat on Rangeley Lake in Maine, and I was five years old. Looks like we're really moving! Mom is on the right side, with the chic Wayfarer sunglasses, and that's our babysitter, Holly Smith, to the left. Holly traveled with us that summer and helped with my sister Libby and I. It was a lot of fun looking through the old photos. I found a few pictures from Easters past.

Easter Sunday, 1968, North Caldwell, NJ - I was two. With my sister, Libby.
Easter Sunday, 1969, North Caldwell, NJ - I was three. With Libby.
Easter Sunday, 1971, North Caldwell, NJ. We had inflatable bunnies.
Easter Sunday, 1973, Palm Beach, Florida.
Mom gave me this photo album last Christmas. She kept albums for me and for Libby, and there are actually two "Billy" albums. It's wonderful to have a collection of memories in family pictures. I'll post more some time...

6 comments:

  1. How fun...Rangely Maine! Only saw it in the dead of winter for cold weather survival school...just the thought of it makes me want to go and sit outside in the sunshine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you go through SERE school? I was attached to FASO/SERE in the 80's. When were you there?

      Delete
    2. It's nice in the summer. I think August is best. Earlier, and there are a lot of black flies. We would always go blueberry picking as a family, at the base of Saddleback Mountain at a place called Blueberry Hill. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I left a message here yesterday but I don't see it. Your mom is beautiful!!
    OMG I was cracking up so bad yesterday after seeing your comments on facebook!! What a fun afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Mom is beautiful. She is 80 now, and will be with me in Sisters this summer.

      Delete
  3. We have a small family now. It's just me, Mom and Libby, and some second cousins. They're all back east, and since we couldn't be together, it was fun to look at the old pictures. There are many more where those came from, as well as some very old, elegant family photos going back to the late 1800s and early 1900s. I'll have to blog about those some time.

    ReplyDelete