Friday, March 31, 2017

C-1 at Antique Alley


C-1, that's my booth number at Antique Alley in Portland. I still have a display case, too, and that's F-3. Yesterday I went in and moved the quilts out of the case. They will be in the booth, where visitors to the shop will be able to get a better look at them.


I will start moving in to the booth when the shop opens tomorrow, and should be done by the early afternoon. The first trip will be a carload full of the furniture pieces, the bones of the display. Not many pieces really, but they take up space in the car. Maybe I can get some boxes in, too. Most everything for opening day is priced, packed and ready to go.
I have some fun things to sell in the first batch of items, some collectible and others more utilitarian.


this little cutie may go in to the case instead 
I have received several requests to purchase these items from afar. As much as I appreciate it, all the items seen here will be available at the shop only. Eventually I will have some Etsy sales and eBay auctions for select items, but not while I'm getting the booth up and running. The point of having a booth is to avoid doing a lot of shipping, particularly with cumbersome or breakable items.







My inventory will be a mix of things I have collected over the years. Recently I have added some other things from thrift shopping. I cleaned up a few things and even painted the frames of these lovely little crayon drawings from the 1930s. 



There was a Labyrinth game at one of the Goodwills, and it was a bargain, but there were no marbles, so I ordered a set of three for next to nothing on eBay. After the effort, the game is still priced to sell! Lots of bargains to be found, and also things you don't see every day. Curated by me. 


Antique Alley is located in the lower level of the 42nd Street Station, 2000 NE 42nd Avenue in the Hollywood District of Portland. Hours are 10am-6pm Monday through Friday, 10am-5pm Saturday and 12-5pm Sunday. For more information, click here.

1 comment: