Thursday, December 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Earlier This Year

QuiltCon 2015, Austin, Texas
February 2015: It seems like ages ago, I was in Austin, Texas for QuiltCon, debuting my "Modern Materials, Quilts of the 1970s" collection.


"I believe this quilt is from Hawaii," said me, during my tours at QuiltCon.
At QuiltCon I gave tours of the special exhibits in the mornings, and one of the quilts I talked about in my special exhibit was a quilt I found in Oregon-- but I believed it was from Hawaii. Around the same time, I was beginning to learn about the undocumented tradition of scrap quilts in Hawaii. Less than a year later, I am preparing to exhibit them.

Salon Pour l'Amour du Fil 2015, Nantes, France - 50 of my quilts on display
QuiltCon was only the beginning of a memorable year. Since then, my first book came out and I showed collections of quilts in four different venues as far away as France. In 2015, quilts appeared in books, magazines, and I finished work on my second book, due to be released in 2016. I am looking forward to the new year, including the next QuiltCon in Pasadena. It's just around the corner. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting to me how one project leads to the next project and the next..... Another book is coming, great! And that teaser of ..... from Hawaii? Will there be more on that????
    2016 is going to be another good year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic work you are doing on behalf of the quilters of the world. I have a degree in fiber art from the University of Washington and focused on the quilt making technique and tradition during my studies. LOVE that quilt you are standing in front of. WOW!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eventful year! I love how happy you look in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be so exciting to attend the show after your book has been published, and show it off! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete