Sunday, May 6, 2012

Special Edition Study Center Guide in Progress

Special edition planned for AQSG Seminar
This year, I will attend my first American Quilt Study Group (AQSG) Seminar. The event will be held in Lincoln, Nebraska, home of the International Quilt Study Center and Museum at UNL. Of course, I couldn't just go and watch. I'll be doing a study center and a lunchtime roundtable discussion, both about the New York Beauty quilts in my collection.

The 20-page booklet is a condensed version of my "Beauty Secrets" catalog
There are several study centers on the schedule at the same time, so there will be people who wanted to attend my study center who will miss it. Not to worry, though. Since it's my first Seminar, I wanted to do something special for the occasion. I am planning to publish a special edition "Beauty Secrets" guide to accompany my study center. It will be available online well before the Seminar takes place in October, until the end of 2012, so that will make it a limited edition!

The guide includes a fully-illustrated block study
The 20-page, full-color printed guide is a condensed version of my exhibit catalog from last year. It includes the introduction and information on the quilts, as well as a fully-illustrated block study. In the original catalog, there were four blocks per page, but in this guide there are 9 to 12 blocks per page. Now you can see more of them together at the same time, in chronological order, and it really maps out the whole story.

There are also quilts in the guide that didn't appear in the original catalog because I hadn't purchased them yet. This guide will be available well in advance of the Seminar, but will only be available until the end of 2012. So, if you can't get to my study center in Lincoln, don't miss the chance to get a copy of the guide! Stay tuned for details.


4 comments:

  1. Could you please tell me when in October as I am visiting the US all of September and a little in October, I have been to the study centre in 2010 and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Information about Seminar is on the AQSG web site:

      http://www.americanquiltstudygroup.org

      Delete
  2. I'm going to my first seminar in October also! So excited! I cannot wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on going to seminar again this year...they are great! I'd like to do a poster session in 2013 on a S.C. signature quilts from Beech Island I appraised last year. The owner hasn't done any research on it. I don't see a lot of signature quilts down here so it would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete