Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Show & Tell

April Show & Tell, Portland Modern Quilt Guild
Show & Tell was always one of my favorite things in school, and now it's one of my favorite things about going to quilt guild meetings. Lately I haven't been to as many meetings as usual, but last week I made it to the Portland Modern Quilt Guild meeting where I showed Barbara McKie's "Interacting Pyramids" quilt.


I did not do the best job speaking about the quilt during Show & Tell, but was able to get out a few relevant details. If you would like to learn more about the quilt, please read these two blog posts from March 10th and March 15th.


Whenever I bring vintage quilts to Portland Modern Quilt Guild, I like to show works with aspects of modernism. This quilt is a bona fide modern quilt, only it was made 43 years ago. I wonder if anyone will try to make one now that they've seen it. The guild's April Meeting Recap is now available online, click here; and there is a Flickr page with photos, click here.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment