Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Wonky Town" by Liz Hinze

"Wonky Town" 2014 by Liz Hinze
I got a very nice surprise in the mail this week- an awesome little quilt made by Liz Hinze of the Northwest Quilters. The quilt is called Wonky Town, and it incorporates bits of vintage orange fabric I shared with Liz a couple weeks ago. Of course, I never expected anything in return for the fabric, so I was blown away to receive a quilt!

if you look closely, you can see bits of the vintage orange fabric in the quilt


as a bonus, there's a tiger on the back just for Lulu
Love the wonky houses, they remind me of one of my first quilts, "House of Wonky" and the title reminds me of one of my all-time favorite 80s songs, "Funkytown".


What a great surprise! Thank you to Liz, from Lulu and I. We love the quilt and hope you will continue to enjoy working with the orange fabric. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a very nice surprise! And, now I have the Funkytown song in my head. Thanks, Bill ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video is pretty hilarious! The 80s- what were we thinking?

      Delete
  2. What a fun and wonderful gift!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love surprises, and I am happy the fabric came in handy. :)

      Delete