Friday, March 15, 2013

Lulu's Favorite New Toy

Lulu likes to fetch the yarn ball, just like a dog would
Forget the Rolex, and forget the mouse on the wire- Lulu has a new favorite toy. Its called the yarn ball, and it's a ball I made out of braided yarn, similar to what I used to create the vines on my "Wild-Eyed Susans" quilt. Yes, Lulu finally got to play with the yarn!




The funniest thing about this cat and the yarn ball is she fetches it just like a dog. When I roll it down the hallway leading to the front foyer, she chases after it and brings it back most of the time. Of course, when I tell her to fetch, she leaves the ball behind and pretends she doesn't know what I'm talking about. But I got a picture to prove she does it (at top). What a funny cat!

4 comments:

  1. I had a cat that would fetch. It was such a surprise to me. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my cats fetch and retrieve. Right now the favorite toy is a rabbits foot lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple that love to play fetch. I bet that yarn ball is extra special to Lulu because it has your scent all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Earl Grey (Russian Blue) likes to play "fetch & fling", but his favorite is an orange "wiffle" ball that I got from the Goodwill in the golfing section (a pack of 12). He picks it up in his teeth & brings it back. Endless energy, that one!

    ReplyDelete