Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lucky Winner


I never win raffles, but at the Monday meeting of the Northwest Quilters I was the lucky winner of a beautiful little quilt made by guest speaker Terrie Linn Kygar.


Terrie makes wonderful quilts made of layers of fusible applique colored with melted crayons, and during the meeting she shared her quilts and did demonstrations of the coloring technique. It looks like a lot of fun!


When she saw which one I picked, she seemed pleased and said it was one of her favorites. I asked her to sign the quilt, and she did, in the lower right. Someone else said she should date it, so she added 2013.


Terrie has published a book called "Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box" and it's worth getting just to see the pictures of her beautiful creations. For more details about the book and how to order it, click here.

Lucky me! I love this little quilt. I'll have to hang it up and enjoy it! Thank you, Terrie!! One last note: the Northwest Quilters 39th Annual Show will take place at the Portland Expo Center April 11-13. Don't miss it! For more information, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Bill! it's very nice and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete