Monday, December 25, 2017

Top 20 Quilts of 2017: #1, Holy Hexies!

Holy Hexies! What an incredible year it was.
Merry Christmas! This month, I posted a series of blogs counting down my top 20 quilts of the year. All the quilts were acquired by the collection in 2017, and they represent four centuries of American quilts. 

I thought it would be a slow year for collecting, but it turned out to be fast-paced and phenomenal. Several quilts in the countdown could have landed in the top spot, but at the end of an amazing year one quilt stood out-- a one-of-a-kind original, antique pictorial quilt from Pennsylvania, made of hexagon shaped patches. This pictorial hexagon quilt came from an auction house near Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The first time I saw it, I was stunned. I'd never seen anything like it, and it's not just my favorite acquisition of the year, it's one of my all-time favorites. To read more about it, click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment