Saturday, December 16, 2017

Top 20 Quilts of 2017: #11, Quilted Cape from Hawaii

"I've never seen anything like it."
This month, I am posting a series of blogs counting down my top 20 quilts of the year. All the quilts were acquired by the collection in 2017, and they represent four centuries of American quilts. 

When I saw this quilted cape, I thought, "I've never seen anything like it." There was a Buy-It-Now option, so I bought it. It was from one of the Royal Societies on Oahu and came from a seller in Honolulu, but nobody else has been able to tell me more about it. I thought it was fascinating because it was constructed like a Hawaiian quilt, complete with echo quilting. To read more about it, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and lovely! Do you know how old it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like someone wanted to recreate a feather cape in quilting. A lot easier and less expensive.

    ReplyDelete