Thursday, December 14, 2017

Top 20 Quilts of 2017: #13, Frank Palmer's Quilt

"Where my Demons Hide" by Frank Palmer
This month, I am posting a series of blogs counting down my top 20 quilts of the year. All the quilts were acquired by the collection in 2017, and they represent four centuries of American quilts. 

Somebody had to be #13 on the countdown, but 13 has always been a lucky number for me. Someone really needs to flip the bird at the idea that 13 is unlucky. That's why I chose Frank Palmer for #13 in my countdown of Top 20 quilts of 2017. Frank and I have chatted a fair amount on Facebook. His work is intriguing as his life journey, and his career is on an upward trajectory. Frank recently moved from Orlando to Duluth, Minnesota to join the McTavish Quilting Studio, and Karen McTavish did the free-motion quilting on Frank's quilt. I can't wait to see what Frank does next. Karen, too! 💜

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a move... Florida to Duluth.... my cousin lives there ON the lake.... and that is quite a quilt... will be interesting to see more of his work.

    ReplyDelete