Monday, September 16, 2013

Some San Jose Pictures

Mom and I in San Jose - she came all the way from Maine!
My family and I had a great time in San Jose, where we gathered together to see "Collecting New York Beauty Quilts: Bill Volckening's Passion" at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles. It was my first time visiting the museum, and I was very impressed. The space is great, and the staff and volunteers are even greater. It made me happy to have my family there. The only time the three of us usually get to see each other is briefly each year at Christmas. Here are a few pictures from the museum.





with Roderick Kiracofe (left) and Joe Cunningham (right)
late addition to the line-up: two of 32 "lost blocks" by Chris Wrobel
a note in the sign-in book written by a young visitor
My sister, Libby and I - she came all the way from Massachusetts!
Thank you to the staff, volunteers and friends of the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles. My family and I enjoyed the warm welcome, the local attractions, and of most of all, the museum.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The show looks fabulous. I saw it--well, that version--in Oregon (near Corvallis) a few years ago. The quilts are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts in beautiful space! I have been to that museum couple of times. I just felt like I walked through it all once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very fun! You're a cool guy Bill...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous exhibition ! Pity I'm in the UK!

    ReplyDelete