Sunday, September 29, 2013

farewell to summer

near Multnomah Falls
In Oregon, we have two seasons- summer and rainy season. Summer arrives in early June and usually ends in September. Then we have eight wet months. No complaints though. I love the rain. It makes everything green, and green is my favorite color. Another sublime summer in Oregon, and as a farewell, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite images from the summer of 2013. Enjoy!

Outside Bridal Veil Post Office
Pittock Mansion gardens, Portland
view near Manzanita
Latourell Falls
at the Japanese Garden, Portland
International Rose Test Garden, Portland
Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach
Washington Park, Portland
moss covered tree in the Columbia River Gorge 

3 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures.....makes me a little wishful for a trip to the NorthWest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Bill (and green is my favorite color, too!)

    ReplyDelete