I was curious about how to do a pillow edge finish on a quilt, so I decided to play with scraps yesterday. Binding is one of the things that I'm not good at, so a pillow edge seemed like a possible solution. It worked pretty well. I don't mind the wavy edge so much, but the spot on the lower left edge - where you can see the light blue back fabric - needs a little fixing. Hopefully I'll get better at it. I can make more quilts if I could bind them with less effort.
Next time, I may not choose black thread for the quilting. Now I know why quilters often try to match the quilting thread to the color of the fabric. If you make a mistake, it doesn't show as much. But of course, all my mistakes show. I'm not saying that's a bad thing necessarily. It gives me a good idea of what I could work on. And that's what I get for being lazy about changing thread. It would probably also help if I got a free motion foot thingy.
No name for this piece yet, but I'm thinking of naming it after a person, similar to what Andrea Balosky did in her Small Wonders quilts. That's IF I can whip it into shape. Maybe it's a Libby. That's my sister. We see each other once a year, at Christmas, and try not to fight. Maybe it reminds me of her because I tried not to fight with this quilt. I probably would've done more, but the bobbin thread ran out, and I need to psyche myself up to get it loaded. But it's fun to play with scraps.