Sunday, December 9, 2012

"E.R."


Some folks were having a difficult time seeing the initials in the Willow Tree Quilt, and my friend Deborah Ursell suggested I take a lit-from-behind shot. Good idea, and I took it a step further by also providing an outlined version, so you can see with and without outline (above).

Here's what it looks like in normal lighting.


And here's the full view again. The initials are at the bottom, in the center, just below the two intertwined "tubers" (or whatever they are).


So, to those who couldn't see the initials before....can you see them now???

Funny side note on the initials, which we believe are "E" and "R" - several people have suggested that it must be Elizabeth Regina, Queen Elizabeth's quilt. LOL! Sadly, it's not from the right time period, but I got a good laugh out of the idea. It sure is beautiful enough to belong to royalty. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading
    through your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that
    cover the same topics? Thanks a lot!
    Also see my web site: africanmangoplusdirect.com

    ReplyDelete