Monday, July 28, 2014

Tacky

Fragonard is rolling over in his grave. Good!
Mom and I love going to "antiques" shops. The reason why I put "antiques" in quotes is that we have very few real antiques - objects 100 years old or older - here in Oregon. It's mostly vintage. Anyway, during the last week, Mom and I have explored several shops here in Oregon, and we saw all kinds of hilarious, tacky things. Here are some of my favorites.

Blue is for boys, pink is for girls.
"A lot OF it," says Mom. 
Owl theme (#1)
Owl theme (#2)
I'm thinking quilt fabric (#1)
I'm thinking quilt fabric (#2)
Musical interlude...



Who knew David Hasselhoff had red hair as a child?
...at least they have each other...
...from a sculpture class in Roswell, New Mexico...
Lulu's great great great great great great great great great great
great great grandparents also liked climbing the bookshelves
"Lettuce wrap." - Bonnie Hunter quote
If I had a llama, I'd name her Dolly.
Pig out!

14 comments:

  1. Ha!Ha! Hilarious! I especially enjoyed the musical interlude. Thanks for making me smile. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did find some interesting stuff. I do like the pig cookie jar though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Portland and the surrounding areas are so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There's tackiness all around us, and it's pretty hilarious. :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about the "antique" bit, and Fragonard deserves to be rolling over in his grave, and he doesn't need those figurines to do it. However, have you considered the items you have shown could more appropriately be called "vintage?" Still just as weird, but somehow even funnier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! And yes, it should be called vintage. I was just going by what the shops called themselves. :)

      Delete
  6. Owls are making a big comeback!

    ReplyDelete