Saturday, July 26, 2014

another great eBay bargain

1970s polyester quilt, 46" x 59"
This neat little 1970s quilt came from an eBay seller in Illinois, and it was a great bargain-- less than $10. When I opened the box, I could tell the quilt had not been washed in a while, so I tossed it in the washing machine.


There were some light spots and stains, so I used regular laundry soap and some oxygen stain removing powder, and washed it using the delicate cycle.


Since it is tied, I didn't want to use the normal cycle and risk having the batting migrate. When the wash cycle was finished, into the dryer it went. Turned out beautifully. I just love polyester! It is wonderful to be able to throw a vintage quilt in the washing machine and not worry about it!


Blue and white quilts are always winners, but this one has some striped and plaid fabrics in addition to the solids, and also a solid gray. Even though it's very simple, I find it quite charming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment