Wednesday, July 23, 2014

places to go

Columbia River Gorge
This year, Mom came for her three-week-long visit with a list of places she wanted to go and things she wanted to do, plus two friends from Maine. Our friends stayed for two weeks and returned home yesterday. Here are just a few of the places we went and things we saw together.

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show 
International Rose Test Garden
Japanese Garden
Cannon Beach 
Manzanita 
Tillamook Creamery 

McMenamin's Kennedy School 
Beaverton Bakery - Mom likes Butter Crisps for breakfast!
Chinese Garden
Mom is here until next week, so we're still running around. She's made another list of things she wants to do while she's still here. That's why I haven't been blogging much this month. We have had fun, but I will soon be ready to retreat to a very secluded place for at least a week-- the break I really needed after spending two months writing my book.  

15 comments:

  1. I visited a lot of those places when I visited last year, but we only had a week and were more ambitious about trying to see everything. It is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that! It really is a beautiful place!

      Delete
  2. Wow -- you do get around! Looks like your mom and friends have seen some of the highlights of our beautiful part of the world. Sure glad I got to meet her while you were in Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom has an agenda, LOL! She enjoyed meeting you, too. :)

      Delete
  3. You guys are seeing so many great things! A lot of my favorite Oregon spots are represented here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do similar things each year, but this year we discovered Aurora - just today. Mom loves antiques!

      Delete
  4. Great places to visit! You've put in a lot of time behind the wheel. The weather has been pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip—looks like you packed a ton in. Glad you could enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have fun, but it has been a bit of a whirlwind. After two months of seclusion, it was a bit of a shock to be on the go all the time. I may pick one of these favorite spots and go veg-out for a week. :)

      Delete
  6. A post that just has some photos in it counts! How the heck did they hang those quilts so perfectly on a building side...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt show gets everyone involved, including the local fire department. It's a magical place, especially in the second weekend of July. Next year is the 40th show!! If you have never been, it will be a great time to go.

      Delete
  7. Great list of some of my fave spots! I see you've discovered Aurora :) I am surprised how many people do not know about it for antiquing. I haven't been in a while, but I am sure it is as adorable and full of treasures as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved Aurora. I knew about the place, but hadn't realized there were antique shops. Can't wait to go back and see more, including the museum!

      Delete
  8. HI, Found your blog through Mary. Wonderful! I had the opportunity to visit Astoria in 1979 and meet my penpal... I loved it and have lots of great memories. Love the vintage quilts!

    ReplyDelete