Friday, August 3, 2012

Vintage Calendars Quilt Top


Look what arrived yesterday- it's a quilt top I found last week on eBay. There are 12 panels, and each one is a vintage calendar printed on fabric. The oldest one is from 1967, and the youngest from 1982, so this top was assembled no earlier than 1982. Probably a bit later, though.








Several calendars from 1976, and a majority are from the 70s. Those kitschy colors bring me right back to the 70s. I remember seeing these calendars in friends' homes in North Caldwell, New Jersey. One of the calendars is a repeat - 1973. Looks like my birthday was on a Friday in '73. I was seven. 

6 comments:

  1. I like to buy tea towels for souvenirs when I travel. But of course they always seem too nice and sentimental to actually use. I have toyed with the idea of making them into a quilt. I think I'll pull them out and give them another look. thanks for the inspiration! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL use to hang one of those in the kitchen - each year - and then she would ask me if I wanted the old one..... sure do.... but I used them as dish towels... only one in the rag drawer these days... and my towels were '70 vintage and I was a lot older than seven. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really neat especially the 1977 when I graduated high school. Those where fun times. Thanks for the 70's memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have those calendar quilt at home. Its a must have to collect. Vintage stuff is such a classic and will never fade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. Makes me wish we had Scott's and my grandmothers' collections. I'm sure they're long gone out in the trash. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen these kind of quilts over the years and thought them great fun. Even have been tempted to collect some old linens to make one...But so many quilts, and so little time...

    ReplyDelete