Monday, August 20, 2012

On Deck: Friday Lecture at the Pacific West Quilt Show


This Friday, August 24th from 1-2pm, I will be giving a lecture at the Pacific West Quilt Show in Tacoma. It's my first time attending the show, and I'm planning to bring along some wonderful quilts. Here are just a few...



 


As you can probably see, I'm doing my New York Beauty lecture. It's a fun talk. We get to look at quilt history from 1850 to today, as seen through one incredible quilt pattern. I'll have several more quilts with me, and an hour to share as many as I possibly can. People just love this talk.

I'm also going to bring along three more quilts to share with the appraisers at the show, but I'm still deciding what to bring. I've heard a lot of great things about this show, so I'm very much looking forward to it!! For more information about the Pacific West Quilt Show, click here.

3 comments:

  1. I read an earlier post of yours about the evolution of RTe New York Beauty block. Is there any relationship to the renaming and the architecture of the Chrysler building in NYC which opened around the same time in 1930?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first quilt you show on the post could come live at my house just any time. What a beauty. The maker did some very precise piecing.

    ReplyDelete