Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Changing the World" Exhibit Catalog


I'm having an exhibit of quilts from the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) at Anne Amie Vineyards, September 1st through October 31st, and I thought it would be fun to offer something printed to accompany the show. So, I put together a 20-page catalog with pictures of all 15 quilts in the exhibit, and an introduction about how I got started collecting AAQI quilts. The self-published, full-color catalog is available through Blurb, and is also available as an eBook for iPad. To preview or purchase, click here.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Bill! This is so very cool! Love the book format. If I may ask, what software did you use with Blurb? I'd love to know your process. Did you follow a tutorial for creating it or was it a learning experience? Also, do you photograph your own quilts or do you have them done at a photographer's studio? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used the software that Blurb provided, their software I guess, and I've been using Blurb for a few years now. So, I may have looked at a tutorial a while back but can't recall. Mostly, I just play around until I like it. My college education was in photography, so I photograph my own quilts. I know of others who do better photography with quilts, but right now I'm what I can afford. :)

    Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bill for this information. You are fortunate to be schooled in photography, especially now with all the wonderful things happening digitally and with social media! Great work!

    ReplyDelete