Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday was a good day, too

Monday was a good day. My cat, Lulu made an appearance on the morning news, I was in three magazines at Barnes & Noble, a fourth one later in my mailbox, and I saw a rainbow.




Today was good, too. A quilt arrived from an auction house in Maine, and it's an interesting one. It's an early 20th century Suspension Bridge, and one of the details caught my attention.


It is a piece of stamped fabric, and I needed to reverse the image (on the right) to read it. The stamp says Artamo Ladies Dress No. 327. More research needs to be done, but I did find an advertisement for Artamo in a 1922 issue of the Dry Goods Economist.

Monday was good, but Tuesday was a good day, too! I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

4 comments:

  1. It was a great day!!! Interesting about the stamp on the fabric! --Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny -- it's like you read my facebook post Monday night. Monday was a good day, and I looked forward to seeing what Tuesday would bring! Tuesday was a good day, too. :)

    Thanks for sharing. Your new quilt is beautiful.
    Melanie McNeil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Suspension Bridge quilt--I will have to look for that block since it's new to me.

    Mike "Mac" McNamara--he's a fellow (sister?) member of my local guild, Pajaro Valley Quilt Association)--was given a quite interesting 70s knit quilt that weighs a short ton because it's HUGE! Do you know Mac's work? He knows about you (of course), but told me you hadn't yet met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill--which magazines? I'd like a reason to buy more quilt magazines...

    ReplyDelete