Friday, March 27, 2015

Next Stop, Nantes!

It's been a great year, so far. I have done two web seminars, special exhibits and lectures at QuiltCon and Airing of the Quilts, and published an article about the 1970s quilts in Quilters Newsletter Magazine. But I am especially thrilled about the next stop on the Magical Mystery Tour-- Nantes, France. In just a few weeks I will be at Pour l'Amour du Fil with my mother and my best friend from high school, exhibiting 50 quilts from my New York Beauty Collection and launching my new book, "New York Beauty, Quilts from the Volckening Collection" (Quiltmania). We will soon be seeing much more of the 1860s quilt from Kentucky (pictured) and many others. Stay tuned...

11 comments:

  1. I'll be there too! Excited to meet you and see your incredible collection Bill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there too. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo, you are going international with your quilt expertise, how exciting! I wonder if it brings any extra nervousness about bringing your collection to another country? And will you and your mom be doing any quilt shopping per your previous blog stories while overseas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your accomplishments! You must be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, I am thrilled for you!! What a fantastic opportunity! I look forward to reading about your adventures. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such exciting news Bill! Hope you have a blast and I can't wait for you to share more about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't be there ... but wish I could be. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Exciting times! Congratulations on living your dreams and following your passions!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Savor the time and blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My New York Beauty book came yesterday and I LOVE it. Have only read a couple of dozen pages. You writing is so easy to read and the photos make the quilts look like they are in the room with me.

    ReplyDelete