Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Together

"After"
If people are friends, are their quilts friends, too? I say yes. When I was preparing for Sunday's visit with Carol and Guy, I finally got some of the clutter out the office. Check out the "before" picture.

"Before"
Now, my 2013 NW Quilters Challenge quilt "Wild Eyed Susans" is over the desk, and Andrea Balosky's "Cross Currents Study #2" from 1994 is on the big wall. They keep each other company in the quiet corner.




Across the way is a beautiful little star quilt made by Robin Carter, a friend of the family from Maine. All three quilts seem to like each other, and I think Andrea, Robin and I would have a great time if we were ever all together in the same place at the same time. They haven't met each other, but their quilts are happy together. Oh yes, Happy Together! Remember that song?


2 comments:

  1. quilts look great , I LOVE that quilt by Andrea, I have her book and look at the quilts often....your lucky to be able to have bought some of her quilts from now and then!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing the before photo..you are much more human now....!

    ReplyDelete