Sunday, June 11, 2017

virtual reunion of the "Double-Knit Twins"

The Double Knit Twins - 2013 - Generation Q Magazine
Last week there was a meeting of the International Advisory Board at the International Quilt Study Center & Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska, and several friends were there. Among them was Victoria Findlay Wolfe. We had a virtual reunion.


She and I are the Double-Knit Twins, aptly named by Generation Q Magazine in an article by Tracy Mooney in 2013, because we love polyester quilts. Victoria's connection to these quilts is even more personal than my own. Growing up in Minnesota, she slept under polyester quilts her grandmother made.


Victoria topped my list of people who really needed to see this exhibition, so I was thrilled she got to go. She posted this picture, and in my absence she found a picture of me on the wall. I do plan to go soon, but have a little work left on my third book. More about that another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment