Thursday, June 8, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Weird Drawings


I found this stack of weird drawings in a folder in my file cabinet today. No idea what year they were made.


This one is my favorite. It looks like little microscopic creatures in motion. One appears to be losing an appendage, another looks like it burst open and is releasing spores.


This one looks like an explosion. All the drawings were done with an Ebony pencil. I like Ebony pencils because they are fairly soft, and you can get a rich dark tone.


I like drawing 'bouncy boxes' sometimes. They don't represent anything in particular, but they appear throughout my sketchbooks going all the way back to the 1980s.

3 comments:

  1. 'bouncy boxes' is such a graphic name can't help but think what quilts would look like with this "block"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bill, This drawing is amazing! I love it. I'm a musician and am searching for a possible album cover. Can you please email me back so we can talk directly ? Al Okada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send me your e-mail. You can find my contact information on my web site, billvolckening.com.

      Delete