Monday, June 23, 2014

Into the 21st Century: 61 down, nine to go!

the pile of books on my couch, right next to me
If you could see what a mess my house is right now, you might be able to tell I'm writing a book. Or you might just think I'm a hoarder. After an incredibly productive, even magical weekend, I'm in to the 21st Century and the last ten quilts in the "New York Beauty" group. 

hitting the home stretch, and so happy with how it's going

This collection has really guided me through the whole process because it tells the life story of the challenging, elaborate patchwork design from start to finish. Without missing a beat! Even though I am the one who collected all these quilts, the whole body of work is incredibly impressive to me. 


At the tail end of the timeline, the quilts are becoming much easier to write about because so much of the information is known-- even certain fabrics. It has also been fun to gather the thoughts of the makers rather than focusing on pure physical descriptions within historical context.


Such a tease I am, I know it, but you can't expect me to give it all away now, can you? Descriptions should be drafted this week, then I'll start cleaning the house to prepare for Mom's visit. She'll be here early in the second week of July, and we're going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show where there will be plenty of other surprises and delights.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you are working on a book! Love hearing people write about what they are passionate about. Can't wait to hear more of your progress with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the book....and the housecleaning!

    ReplyDelete