Saturday, June 21, 2014

55 down...15 to go!


So, I can't believe it's me saying this, but the bulk of my book is going to be done two and one half months ahead of the deadline. I was saying that to a high school classmate on Facebook, and had to pinch myself. Back in high school, I was such a clown -- the very last one who ever would have gotten an assignment done ahead of time, or even on time, and it certainly would not have been done well. But it's true. I'm so far ahead of schedule, it's not even funny. And it's good, really good (if I do say so myself). :)

wracking my brains all day...and it's...a QUATREFOIL!!
As of today, 3:30PM I have 55 of the 70 quilt descriptions written, and to boost my efforts, a couple things clicked today. First, Facebook friend Mandy Leins helped me figure out the word for the shape in the "Baby Bunting" design. It's a quatrefoil! (Well, of course it is!) - thank you, Mandy!!

The source of Nancy Tanguay's quilt: "Bensonhurst Blooms" by Linda Hahn
During the week I finally ordered a copy of Linda Hahn's New York Beauty Diversified book, and it arrived today. When I was thumbing through it, there was the source design for Nancy Tanguay's pictorial quilt. It is called "Bensonhurst Blooms" and seems to be related to Jean Wells' Wedding Garden quilt.



Before I saw Linda's book, I was planning on talking about the Wedding Garden quilt in the context of Nancy Tanguay's quilt, but now I'm happy to say I will certainly need to include Linda and her beautiful design in the dialogue. Both of Linda's marvelous books have come at the tail end of the evolution of the New York Beauty quilt design, and making the connection between Nancy's quilt and Linda's design is a big exclamation point. Don't you just love it when things come together so beautifully? 

1 comment:

  1. Yessirreeeee! ... I do just love it when things come together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete