Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Bookish


The book shelves are crying for mercy...in a good way. There's a whole shelf devoted to books that include quilts from my collection. Magazines, too!


I wrote three of those books. The latest one, "Inspired Free-Motion Quilting: 90 Antique Designs Reinterpreted for Today's Quilter" was co-authored with Mandy Leins. 


A few years ago, Bob Shaw published the second edition of his "American Quilts: The Democratic Art" coffee table book. A quilt from my collection was on the cover of the first edition, and was included in the new book with one other quilt from my collection-- a southern pieced quilt from South Carolina.



Sometimes I feel like the absent-minded quilt magnet. Last year, I was excited to hear Christina Cameli's latest book was coming out. The funny thing was I did not remember I had contributed to the book. Christina is a friend. She asked for photos, I said, "Of course!", sent them, and forgot all about it until the book was out.



In the last week, Victoria Findlay Wolfe's new book arrived and I received news of Linda Hahn's new book. I contributed to both of them.



One of my vintage 1970s polyester quilts is currently on tour with the "Modern Quilts: Designs of the New Century" exhibition. The quilt also appears in the book.



When I say I am not working on any book projects currently, that may not exactly be true. The good thing is, I love surprises. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'll have to keep an eye open for those especially the , "Inspired Free-Motion Quilting: 90 Antique Designs Reinterpreted for Today's Quilter. Thanks for writing about these.

    ReplyDelete