Friday, April 14, 2017

spring cleaning

The roof, with moss and without.
This year, Spring cleaning started in February. It's been a while. Last year, I was pretty useless and still regaining my strength after the heart attack, and again after the appendectomy in July. I wasn't exactly climbing ladders or bending over to pull weeds. Things have steadily improved, but I also know when to call in the professionals.


My roof was home to large areas of plump, green moss. The gutters were clogged and plants were starting to grow in them. The driveway and sidewalks were turning black. It was time. So I found a guy who lived close by, and two days later my cat was hiding under the bed from all the pressure washing noise. Now the roof, gutters, driveway and sidewalks are so fresh and so clean. There is much more to do, of course, but I am happy with my progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment