Monday, December 26, 2016

American Fabrics, Spring 1967, Knits


A friend alerted me about the online auction for this swatch book, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. I collect 1970s quilts, but the fabrics from the 1960s are in those quilts. It will be interesting to see if I find any from the book in the quilts. Here are a few of the pages.






Textured polyester is especially interesting, since I have seen it in so many of the 1970s quilts I've collected. I hope to find more swatch books like it. This type of ephemeral object sheds so much light on the quilts. 

1 comment:

  1. i love that chemstitch velvet! it's harder and harder to find these textured polyesters and even pant suits; too bad. the quilts last forever it seems. minepoly quilt is backed with really flimsy white cotton; that will go long before the polyester does.

    ReplyDelete