Monday, December 10, 2012

Four New Alzheimer's Quilts

#11735 "Sealed with a Smile" by Andrea Balosky
Four more quilts from the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative arrived today, and all four were made by people I know. Two were made by Andrea Balosky, #11734 "C is for Curiosity" and #11735 "Sealed with a Smile" - both made in 2012. The binding fabric on both quilts came right out of my stash, and I handed it to Andrea in person when she visited my home last summer. So, it was a lot of fun to get the fabric back this way.

#11734 "C is for Curiosity" by Andrea Balosky
 While I was shopping I spotted a quilt made by Merrily Ripley, owner of Andrea's doll quilts. It is #11882, it is called "Namaste" and is dedicated to Andrea, who is acknowledged by her Buddhist name, Nyima. I simply adore both women, and having a quilt that connects them is very, very special to me.

#11882 "Namaste" by Merrily Ripley

The fourth quilt is a familiar one. It's the one I made for AAQI - my first quilt. My apologies for snapping it back up without saying it was for sale, but I thought it would be fun to have the first quilt I ever made. So, that's all four. Hope you enjoyed!! To learn more about the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, click here.

#11918 "Escape From Palm Beach"

1 comment:

  1. Great Quilts and I understand about you wanting to snap up your own. The first one is always special.
    My first AAQI was snapped up last week and knew the person who was waiting for it to come up for sale. So at least I know where it is.
    It's happy in Colorado now and all the way from good old blighty. What a journey.

    ReplyDelete