Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Melting Pot" by Jana Schmitt


I smiled when I saw the title of this lovely little snake trails variation of a New York Beauty made by Jana Schmitt of Waterloo, Iowa. I had found the quilt on Etsy last week, and really liked the mix of colors and overall design. The package arrived today, and the title on the label was "Melting Pot" - coincidentally, the same title I used for my first quilt book, which was self-published through Blurb last holiday season for friends and family. As soon as I got the quilt out of the box, it was having its picture taken, and I must say it's certainly photogenic! Here are a few more pictures. Enjoy!!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great quilt. Your detail photos enhance some nice fabric combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those lovely batiks and Kaffe Fassett fabrics and a New York Beauty pattern too! What a find.

    ReplyDelete