Tuesday, August 5, 2014

another eBay bargain quilt with an idea

This 1970s or 1980s snake trails quilt may not be everyone's cup of tea. The forest green seems to work against the orange and white striped fabric, and there's something odd about the color combination. It's very Miami Hurricanes, or something.


But there's an interesting idea in this eBay bargain quilt. It is the use of striped fabric. A lot of people today are using stripes in interesting ways, so this quilt is kind of a quirky predecessor.




Purposeful use of striped fabric...interesting! Ahead of the curve. There's potential to do something much more with this idea. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite a pattern. It reminds me of optical illusion exercises! Great photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was staring at the above pattern...I think I was tricked into thinking I was a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripes are doing something freaky with my vision the more I look at them... O.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool...do a lot of people list old quilts on eBay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That orange print is phenomenal. So much movement with so little effort!

    ReplyDelete