Friday, November 1, 2013

big yo-yo

Here's a full view picture of the monumental size yo-yo quilt I got from a friend in Washington last summer. It is approximately 94" x 122" and each yo-yo is 1 & 1/2" in diameter. The thing is huge!





It looks like it was made in the 1970s and appears to be all polyester. The circles are stitched closely together, giving it more stability than your typical yo-yo quilt. There is very little space between yo-yos. I never thought I'd own a yo-yo quilt, but this one I just couldn't pass up. It's amazing!

6 comments:

  1. I bet it is heavy as well.

    Interesting as yo-yos have no appeal for me and you say polyester as well... batting zero. I bet though before you are finished posting about this quilt you will have thought of something to make it appealing to the non-believers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime I'll have to measure my antique yo-yo quilt to see if it is larger. It certainly is huge. Whatever possessed people to make them so large? I spread it over a queen size bed and if I remember correctly, it was almost down to the floor! I bought it as a "curiosity" and also because it is like an encyclopedia of fabrics available at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible! They look like hair scrunchies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is truly amazing. Glad you've got it in your collection. I hope to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA, I was thinking the same thing as Carla- they totally look like hair scrunchies! Sizewize, this thing is HUGE, that is a lot of yo yos!!

    ReplyDelete