Saturday, December 10, 2011

Shoe Salesman?

Coming Soon: Flower Power Flats!!
Way back in my high school days, I attended a boarding school in New Jersey and lived next door to a young man named Solomon. His father had a successful shoe business, and a lot of the boys liked to poke fun at "Sol" because everyone knew he was really being groomed to go into the family business. That's what he did, he's had great success, and I have a lot of admiration and respect for him.

As much as I've admired Solomon, never in a million years did I think I'd be doing anything with shoes, except buying them, wearing them or kicking them off. But I can now say without any hesitation that I'm a shoe salesman. All the positive comments on my Blog Hop Party Give-Away have been just wonderful. People are talking...but they're also buying...and once again, I'm blown away by the quilt community.


When I tell my friends and family about the shoes, they usually say, "Are you serious?" and then I show them the shoes...

Coming soon: Hyacinth Highsteppers

I guess already I knew my quilts were popular, but the idea of putting the designs on Keds to create stylish and unique footwear that quilters love...it's something I never imagined.

Ruby Slippers
There are minimal royalties involved. I get a 10% cut plus referrals, but that's not what's important to me. Getting quilts out there into the world is what's important. In addition to the shoes, I've got a whole line of gifts available, from postcards to puzzles, from aprons to ornaments. Not everyone can own a Willy Wonky quilt, so offering functional and decorative items featuring the quilts is the next best thing. Big thank you to all who have commented, and special thanks to those who will soon receive their own Willy Wonky quilt shoes. May you enjoy them in good health! If you haven't entered my give-away, please do - and good luck!!

2 comments: