Monday, August 22, 2011

Beauty Secrets: On The Quilt Show Blog!

Click Here to visit The Quilt Show Daily Blog
I recently received an e-mail from Mary Kay Davis, editor of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Mary Kay had been in Oregon the previous week, and she visited my exhibit at the Benton County Museum. She asked if she could share pictures and spotlight the event on The Quilt Show Daily Blog. "Of course!" I was happy to know the exhibit made an impression.

Over the weekend, The Quilt Show Daily Blog featured the exhibit on their blog, and I want to thank The Quilt Show for including me. I'm especially honored because it's my first exhibit. It's wonderful to be able to share information about the exhibit, pictures of the quilts, and links to my web site and print catalog for anyone who may not be within reach of Philomath, Oregon.

They called it "a little gem of an exhibit that shouldn't be missed."

Photo by Mary Kay Davis, frame from Smilebox slide show
Wow! BIG Thank you to The Quilt Show!! To view the blog, click here. Beauty Secrets: 150 Years of History in One Quilt Pattern is currently on display at the Benton County Museum in Philomath, Oregon through October 1st. The exhibit is part of Quilt County, a biennial, countywide celebration of quilts. An 80-page, full-color printed catalog is available in limited numbers at the museum, and online through Blurb. To preview or purchase the catalog, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just keeps getting better, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just wanted you to know that there is a quilt you might be interested looking at on ebay. It is an 1880's New York Beauty that is very faded, the green has really matriculated from its blocks. The piecing in the arcs is very intricate, which is why I thought you would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, LOL, I think I found it. The quilt is actually a "Whig's Defeat" pattern. I've seen it called NY Beauty a couple times in the last year (on eBay).

    ReplyDelete